20575Re: Space Navigator and recent panoramic viewers - ?

  • fierodeval
    Jun 9, 2008
      Hi Fung Yu,

      > Now if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
      > a menu function...

      :) I was thinking about this too. It could be good to have a way to
      navigate only with the SpaceNavigator. This could be very nice to use
      it in exhibitions, because it's a VERY robust gadget for public use.

      About the implementation. I changed some small things in the behavior,
      because 3Dconnexion staff adviced me about a consistent response with
      how people will expect the behavior should be. Not all works correctly
      with all default settings in the control panel and with the default
      "Overall Speed" (this is the 3rd tick from the left). They certified
      the plugin and will add DevalVR to its supported applications list
      these days.

      regards!
      fiero

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fung Yu <fung@...> wrote:

      > Hi Fiero,
      >
      > I just tested my SN with the new version of Deval. It works
      > wonderfully. I however leave the zoom settings as is. Now
      > if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
      > a menu function... ;-)
      >
      > Many thanks again on your work.
      >
      > At 10:43 PM 6/2/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >Hi Andrey,
      > >
      > >Space Navigator can be used with latest version of DevalVR (7,0,0,17),
      > >player and plugins.
      > >In the 3Dconnexion Control Panel you must set "Zoom direction" to
      > >"Up/Down", all the other settings by default.
      > >
      > >This is the first version with Space Navigator support, maybe this
      > >needs some improvements yet. It requires the file TDxInput.dll, that
      > >is automatically installed in latest versions of 3Dconnexion drivers.
      > >
      > >Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic