20439Re: hdr, photomatix and photoshop

    Jun 2, 2008
      On Monday, June 02, 2008 at 20:31, maston67 wrote:

      > What do you think produces the best results.

      enfuse and tufuse used on the single image stacks. There is a GUI
      version of tufuse, called tufuse Pro:
      http://www.tawbaware.com/tufusepro.htm
      PTGui uses exposure fusion on the result panoramas, which is time
      consuming and can give artifacts in Zenith and Nadir.

      > As regards the colour temperature thing it's not a white balance
      > issue as the images I'm using all have correct white balances for
      > outsides and insides on the original raw files. They only go orange
      > after tonemapping.

      Yes, as Carel wrote photomatix (and FDRTools to a lower extent) have
      the tendency to increase saturation (sometimes in a strange way).
      Exposure fusion won't do that, it is a very sophisticated way of
      exposure blending which uses the best exposed parts of each image.
      Hence there should be no change in saturation. But actually it is a
      white balance issue, intensified by tonemapping.

      best regards