20103Re: [PanoToolsNG] How much do you charge for a VR?? (re-ignited)

  • Georgia Real Tours
    May 14, 2008
      On 5/14/08, eli20sf <epoblitz@...> wrote:

      > I'm creating 6880x3440 pano's w/ my d200/10.5/360precision/realviz
      > (just got PTGUI this week, so I'll be moving over asap) ... and I'm
      > just bouncing around with pricing (too afraid to charge to much, but
      > realizing I do quality work,and it take TIME ... AND I want to
      > charge as much as similar vr photographers doing the same caliber
      > work).

      I'm thinking for the generic realtor you are looking at using
      Mercedes-class equipment in a Pinto-class environment. Okay, maybe
      Taurus-class environment. It seems to me your equipment is right for
      the commercial/corporate stuff, and if you prefer to do the quality
      work you're set; I'd concentrate on them as often as possible.

      OTOH, real estate is more likely to pay for your daily life more
      quickly, in my opinion. It looks like you are going to have to take
      more shots at higher resolution than you really want; fortunately with
      your precision head you should be able to take a massive chunk out of
      the processing since the stitching ought to be almost trivial for you.

      Ironically, I just sat down this evening to create a "package" menu
      for my prospective clients; as it turns out most people are completely
      baffled by a an 8pt font spreadsheet with bizarre words intermingling
      with rows and columns of numbers. I'll spring that on them when they
      ask, but for now I'm just going to give them the 1-page menu which
      covers everything from an introductory offer to an open-ended
      high-quality package.

      Out in Middle Georgia, unlike the Bay Area, housing prices are
      affordable. Which means that commissions are much lower, as is the
      cost of living (if you don't count fuel and food these days). That
      means my pricing is going to be a lot lower than yours needs to be
      (and you'll find I'm in the vast majority when it comes to
      cost-of-living vs. the Bay Area). An example is that $75,000 gets you
      a decent 4-bed 2-bath home that is not necessarily within smelling
      distance of your neighbor, and I've seen TLC vacant homes for $30K.

      That said, I'll be happy to shoot you a copy of what I've done
      off-list if you want. Bear in mind, too, that it is a first draft and
      may change; it is merely a reflection on what I feel I can offer for a
      fair price and hoping those fall within what realtors consider
      reasonable for the price. Feel free to pilfer whatever may help you
      (if that wasn't already implied.) ;c)

      > and what, on average, most of us are
      > charing for comparable work.

      Pssst! Just a reminder.... the Bay Area isn't comparable to most of
      the rest of the world. ;c) Look at average wages for the areas you
      compare as well as average home prices to get a better feel for the
      "exchange rate" between where you are and where the comp is.

      Cheers,
      Robert~

      --
      Mid GA: 478-599-1300