18649Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: White (Neutral) Balance in Panoramas

  • Luca Vascon
    Mar 10, 2008
      I simply use a white plastic drinking cup.
      One of those very cheap ones you buy at supermarket.
      I put it in front of the lens with transparent tape.
      I shoot one picture against main lightsource, completely out of focus.
      Like it was taking incident light.
      I make white on that.
      Those things are made of a plastic whose physical propreiety is also to
      be... perfectly white.
      If you fisheye-shoot one from inside you have a kind of light dome of
      all light sources and principal chrominance of light reflection.
      You don't need anything else.

      Georgia Real Tours ha scritto:

      > On 3/9/08, Rik Littlefield <rj.littlefield@...
      > <mailto:rj.littlefield%40computer.org>> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "johncharlesriley"

      > > > Sorry, I have to jump in here. I am not sure what
      > > > you might be thinking of, but specular reflections
      > > > have the same color as the incident light.
      > >

      > > together would act like a neutral gray diffuse reflector. Sorry I
      > > did not use enough words to make that completely clear.
      >
      > Oops, my bad. You used enough words; I just failed to use all of
      > them. Kinda makes a difference when you get 'em all rounded up. :c\
      >
      > R~
      >
      > --
      > Mid GA: 478-599-1300
      > ATL: 678-438-6955