18430RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: DevalVR plugin does nothing, while QuickTime correctly displays MOV pano

  • Peter Sale
    Mar 4, 2008
      The viewer screen is blank (and displays no warning messages at all) if DevalVR is specifically selected or picked automatically as
      the best choice. However, I can still select QuickTime and view the MOV file just fine. Also the Flash version displays properly. I
      have three computers, all running Windows XP Pro SP2 and IE7, and this problem only occurs on one of the three. DevalVR works as
      advertised on the other two machines.

      While this problem is on just one of my three PCs, and I'm seeing it on www.petersVRproperties.com, I would imagine that I will
      suffer the same problem if I visit any site that is properly configured to display MOV panoramas via DevalVR.

      It just now occurred to me that I could probably fix this problem by uninstalling IE7 and then reinstalling IE7, along with all
      appropriate plug-ins.

      _
      Best Regards,
      Peter Sale
      310-291-3426

      -
      On Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:05 AM, fierodeval wrote:

      > Hi Peter,
      >
      > Very strange problem. What is exactly the problem? The plugin shows
      > any warning message? or the viewer screen is blank?
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Sale" <yahoo_groups@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> While I am able to view MOV files via the DevalVR player, I am not
      > able to view MOV Pano files via the current DevalVR plugin on one
      >> of my two Windows XP Pro SP2 PCs running IE7. Any hints on why
      > DevalVR plugin works on one IE7 but not the other are appreciated.
      >> Also, I am able to view MOV files via QuickTime on both machines.
      >>
      >> -
      >> Regards,
      >> Peter Sale
      >> Santa Monica, CA USA