12515Re: My first pano

  • Hans Nyberg
    Aug 30 11:31 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Hans,
      >
      > I was interested to see what my Quad Core CPU would do when viewing
      > more than 1 pano.
      > When I got to having 4 panos open from this site
      > http://www.sziget2007.com/. The autorotation did slow down and they
      > got a lot of jerkyness in them when panning around.
      > Here is a screen shot of my Performance Manager with the 4 panos,
      > Internet Explore and screen capture open:
      > http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/cpu_test.png

      What affects the CPU usage seems to be the motion quality settings.
      I checked this site http://www.lapalma-virtualtour.nl/
      which has a much faster autopanning and it only uses 60% when left alone during
      autopanning.

      If you open one of the Sziget panos in another window you get no performance
      disturbance at all but you get some if you change to the Palma site and start panning.

      Hans

      > Roger Berry
      >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Flash compared to Quicktime is a very CPU thirsty.
      > > The same pano will use 75-80 % CPU while Quicktime uses 50-60%.
      > > Also any automatic activity in Flash will consume 90-100% CPU.
      > >
      > > I have pointed out for years that if you make a flash site with
      > hotspots you should never
      > > use any automatic animation in it. If you open a popup QTVR or any
      > other pano they are
      > > affected and will pan very jerky. This is still the case even if I
      > now have a dualcore
      > > MacBook pro.
      > >
      > > Your browser is not able to use the dual cores so even if you open
      > another window it is
      > > affected. I just did a test using the panos at
      > http://www.sziget2007.com/.
      > > The flash panos has a very slow autorotation.
      > > If you open a new browser window and open one more pano as QTVR or
      > Flash this pano
      > > will perform very bad.
      > >
      > > I tried open it in Firefox and keep the Flash pano in Safari. The
      > pano panned fine as it
      > > could use the second CPU. My activity monitor showed me that the
      > flash pano in the
      > > background used 90% CPU and my new opened flash pano in Firefox
      > used 80% while
      > > panning around without any jerkyness.
      > >
      > > I am not sure yet if this also affects flashpanos using the
      > Fullscreen option to open real
      > > fullscreen.
      > >
      > > Hans

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic