1189Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: hugin 0.6 - amazing!

  • Roger Howard
    Aug 2, 2006
      On Wed, August 2, 2006 12:00 pm, Pajuaba Gmail wrote:

      > Yuval Levy escreveu:
      >> yertletertle wrote:
      >>

      >>>Not everyone shoots RAW of course
      >>

      >> AFAIK all digital cameras shoot RAW, which is then converted by the
      >> camera internal RAW converter if storage on the memory card is in a
      >> different format.
      >
      > You mean all DSLR, right? Because there is plenty of cameras around that
      > don´t allow the user access to the raw data, which, for me - and for the
      > sake of the thread, in my view - means they don´t shoot RAW. We are nor
      > talking about russian cracks to the firmware, that can not only damage
      > the camera, but void the warranty too.

      You're both agreeing, I think Yuval was just being quite literal. All
      camera sensors do capture RAW data, of course. But that's irrelevant to
      this thread unless they also support SAVING the RAW data into some file
      format that supports it. Of course many cameras don't support saving
      anything but non-linear, processed JPEGs.

      I think this is a semantics debate. Yes, all cameras shoot RAW. No, all
      cameras don't shoot RAW :)
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic