11843Re: [PanoToolsNG] My latest impulse pano buy off ebay

  • bigwade
    Aug 4, 2007
      Why all these fuss about lensrings ?
      This one is very tricky.
      A Bo Bracket is much safer.
      But lensrings after all...
      If you buy another lens you have to buy/make another bracket.
      I did buy a Bo bracket and returned to another solution.
      I have a NN3 also.
      If you remove the rotator there is a perfect 3/8 hole in the lower rail.
      With an adapter 3/4-3/8 it fits any monopod or better a very light
      tripod like the Feisol CT-3441.
      The weight is about 1Kilo and with a Feisol rotator and the stripped NN3 you
      have a very compact travelset.( for all lensens and camera's, and much
      safer)

      The Feisol goes from 0,6-2.00m with bracket, and much more stable than a
      monopod.
      If you are going to the panotools meeting in Luzern ask my friend "The Man
      With The Hat", he has this tripod for travelling too.
      Have Fun