11812Re: My latest impulse pano buy off ebay

  • hmmsomethingelse
    Aug 3, 2007
      > There is NO WAY i would put this collar on the front element of the
      sigma.
      > It's a moving element!
      > Cheers, Milko

      Interesting comment. I agree it seem precarious holding the lens from
      the end. Is it a moving element though? I've peered at mind and the
      front edge looks pretty solid and doesn't seem to move at all no
      matter what I do. Being a fixed focal length lens it doesn't move back
      and forth. So I assumed there was just a focus ring wrapped around the
      tube and an aperture ring and all the moving bits were inside the tube
      which would be largely solid immovable? Am I very wrong?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic