11805Re: [PanoToolsNG] My latest impulse pano buy off ebay

  • Milko Amorth
    Aug 3, 2007
      Hi all,
      > Doesn't look as sturdy an arrangement as the bophoto ones which grip
      > in the middle of the lens rather than the tip but we will see. I've
      > bought stupider things. Long as the lens does not break off.

      There is NO WAY i would put this collar on the front element of the sigma.
      It's a moving element!
      It would never ever hold up to the way i shoot with a monopod.
      The weight of the cam jerking on that front element will damage the lens.
      The only save place to place it is the the center barrel.
      This 9mm wide region should be involved with any clamping solution...or
      else you might be sorry.

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging

      PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      Skype me @ vrdundee
      Member of IVRPA.org