11783Re: My latest impulse pano buy off ebay

  • Michael
    Aug 3, 2007
      The principle is well known, and the most inexpensive solution of
      this kind is probably Tom Striewischs selfmade 5$ head.

      http://www.langebilder.de/rohrschelle.htm

      All in all this 80gram thing seems to be a good panohead. Still,
      after a look at my Sigma I feel a bit unsecure with the mounting at
      the foremost part of the lens instead of at the rigid lens base. I
      tried to hold my combo (Sigma8/20D) at this part and it feels like a
      very heavy load.

      So go on you experimental guys! Give it a try and tell us about it ;-
      )

      Yours,
      Michael

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hmmsomethingelse"
      <hmmsomethingelse@...> wrote:

      > Jim Watters <jwatters@> wrote:
      > > Interesting but only for the Sigma 8mm 3.5 or 4
      > > http://80gram.googlepages.com/
      >
      > Doh, well spotted. Could have saved myself 3 quid. Ah well.
      > Fortunately a sigma 8mm f4 is what I have :) Heres hoping its the
      > panosaurus of lens grips and not another gadget that wears out in a
      > few goes.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic