1132Re: Full Screen QTVR in FireFox

  • gerdsy
    Aug 1, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Armitage" <andrew@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >

      > I don't know if anyone has had this problem with FireFox but I am
      >
      > wanting to publish a full screen QTVR. I have achieved the end result
      >
      > which is fine and works as it should, but as a web designer I would
      >
      > like the code to be standards compliant!

      Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards.
      Just use Internet Explorer.

      BTW, I noticed you have an embed tag in your javascript, but embed is
      a deprecated tag and not part of any w3c standards.
      Oh yes. That's right. We put all out deprecated tags into a script to
      fool the validator, and then we can tell everyone that we are
      standards compliant. But the browser still sees those deprecated tags
      (just not the w3c validator).

      Somebody answer me this, seriously:
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2006May/0000.html

      Not picking on you, btw. It's just I'm not really sure there are any
      standards at the moment.

      > The code as it is works in FireFox and IE6/7 but as soon as I add in
      >
      > the XHTML DTD at the top of the page, the QTVR only covers the top
      >
      > third of the screen rather than the full page. I have used Pano2QTVR
      >
      > to generate the code in the page and then changed some of the code
      >
      > myself, but it seems to only work with HTML 4.

      The problem is that as soon as you use a Strict doctype then using %
      for pano height is a problem. If you specify a height = 90%, then the
      question is 90% of what. I think the 'standards' don't really define
      the height for the body/html. So this is what you do:

      html { width: 100%; height: 100% }
      body { color: black; background-color: #e7e7ff; margin: 0px; padding:
      0px; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden }
      .qt { text-align: center; width: 100%; height: 100% }
      --></style>

      </head>

      <script type="text/javascript"><!--

      Your Anti-Eolas script here