1115Re: Smartblend speed and PTgui

  • LoveFilm
    Aug 1, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dave 360texas.com"
      <texas360dave@...> wrote:

      > I think PTgui and Blending occurs on the Harddrive. I noticed a
      > 1/3rd decrease in stitching/blending time when in PTgui I assigned
      > my 80gb external hard drive PTgui workspace.
      >
      > I also noticed that PTgui creates TMP work files on my external HD
      > because I found 8 of them. I ask Joost if it was safe to remove
      > them. He said yes, PTgui 5.8.4 creates them but does not remove
      > them after closing the program.

      I Networked my PC and Mac, and assigned the Mac's hard drive as an
      additional temporary directory. Seemed to work well as I needed
      access to more HD space. But would writing to the Mac's larger /
      faster drive provide a speed benefit, especially since the rendering
      was being done over the network?

      I'll have to try that again.

      Now - what about Enblend / Smartblend. Will they also use the
      external drive (if set as the preferred directory in PTgui's
      preferences) to write their temp files to. I know that on the Mac
      (when using Xblend to pBlend to Enblend combo) that the files are
      written to the boot directory (unless Enblend is started from the
      command line, I think).
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic