1114Re: Smartblend speed and PTgui

  • Dave 360texas.com
    Aug 1, 2006
      I think PTgui and Blending occurs on the Harddrive. I noticed a
      1/3rd decrease in stitching/blending time when in PTgui I assigned
      my 80gb external hard drive PTgui workspace.

      I also noticed that PTgui creates TMP work files on my external HD
      because I found 8 of them. I ask Joost if it was safe to remove
      them. He said yes, PTgui 5.8.4 creates them but does not remove
      them after closing the program.

      Dave

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Manfred Kröger
      <Manfred_Kroeger@...> wrote:

      > I'm not really sure more RAM will improve smartblend's speed. It
      seems
      > to me that in order to process large images all the blending is
      done on
      > the hdd. This would explain why smartblend needed 14 GB on my
      drive
      > while the processor's and the RAM's usage was very low.
      >
      > Manfred
      >
      > Michael Asgian wrote:
      > >
      > > Your hardware resources are kind of to small for what you do.
      Push