1099Re: IPIX is history

  • hmmsomethingelse
    Aug 1, 2006
      I believe they stopped this a while ago. They have been offering their
      software as an anual subscription, as many panos as you can make. What
      happens when the year is up I don't know.

      They still haven't mentioned anything on the website. Its possible
      bankruptcy means they can continue trading so the profitable pano bit
      may limp on for a while. I understand it had very large margins, over
      50% and still a couple of million in revenue a year, though probably
      not much future. Maybe realviz of someone will buy it up.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Crossland"
      <nick.panoptics@...> wrote:
      > As I understood it, the software business model was built around users
      > purchasing license 'credits' - e.g. to make one pano, you had to buy
      one credit.
      > With no one to buy credits off, does this mean that the Ipix
      software is now useless?
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic