1092Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: IPIX is history

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Jul 31, 2006
      On 01/08/2006, at 3:20 PM, tflyfish2002 wrote:
      > Before you all get too carried away over the death of IPIX, remember
      > the valued asset that they have is the patent for the 360 pano using
      > fisheye. I have no doubt that someone else will purchase it and might
      > well enforce it in a more vigorous fashion than IPIX did over the last
      > few years. It might well place a lot of us in a more difficult
      > situation. Better the Devil that you know.

      If anyone is silly enough to do that the community will turn on
      "them" as it did on ipoo and "they" may well suffer the same fate.

      But hang on - I seem to remember Ford Oxaal was able to prove his
      claim and ipoo was just licencing it back ... no matter, the above
      comment still stands regardless of who if anyone takes the "patent" up.

      KathyW.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic