Thank you very much.tharpachozang
Dear all, I have an announcement about a fantastic opportunity to learn Pali with a world expert, all from the comfort of your own home. I hope it will be ofmans0381
I have come across a definition of mettaa in Wikipedia: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia *Mettā* (Pali ) or *maitrī*
Main discussion topics:
1. Tipitaka and sutta study
2. Pali language and literature
3. Theravada Buddhism
4. Samatha (Tranquillity) and Vipassana (Insight) meditation
5. Sutta study tools and methodology
6. Pali translation theory and practice
The study of early Buddhism will always be the objective of the majority of those who take up Pali ..... It must be said that the Pali texts themselves are the only reliable authority as to their meaning ..... Rather than add another volume to the bewildering mass of books on "Buddhism", it seems more constructive to open a door directly on the Pali ..... The object is to lay open before the reader the actual texts of ancient Buddhism ..... and to let them speak for themselves in their own language. Dr. A. K. Warder, Introduction to Pali (3rd Edition)
All are welcome. No subject knowledge is required. To subscribe, send a blank untitled email to
Paliemail@example.com More files to download: http://www.geocities.com/paligroup
- Dec 20, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.