Dear Piya, Thanks for your suggestions. The ṭīkā seems to be equating velañjana with the state of an arhat and also with the animittā ceto-vimutti; whatbryan.levman
Bryan, You may find your answer in the attached file, where I have worked with the Maha Vedalla Sutta. Please feel free to give me any feedback where correctspiya.tan
Sorry: ... where corrections or improvements ... P *hp (65) 8211 0879* *The Minding Centre* Shenton House 3 Shenton Way, #03-06 B Singapore 068805 Meditationpiya.tan
Main discussion topics:
1. Tipitaka and sutta study
2. Pali language and literature
3. Theravada Buddhism
4. Samatha (Tranquillity) and Vipassana (Insight) meditation
5. Sutta study tools and methodology
6. Pali translation theory and practice
The study of early Buddhism will always be the objective of the majority of those who take up Pali ..... It must be said that the Pali texts themselves are the only reliable authority as to their meaning ..... Rather than add another volume to the bewildering mass of books on "Buddhism", it seems more constructive to open a door directly on the Pali ..... The object is to lay open before the reader the actual texts of ancient Buddhism ..... and to let them speak for themselves in their own language. Dr. A. K. Warder, Introduction to Pali (3rd Edition)
All are welcome. No subject knowledge is required. To subscribe, send a blank untitled email to
Paliemail@example.com More files to download: http://www.geocities.com/paligroup
- Dec 20, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.