Re: [Pali] Nouns and adjectives

  • rett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2006
      Hi Daniel and group,

      > If the adjective takes the same case and noun as the
      >noun, how can they be distinguished?

      Formally they usually can't. By formally I mean just by looking at the morphology (such as case-endings). But you can usually figure out which is which from the semantics of the words or from the context.

      > By the way Rett, is Pali your profession, or just your
      >hobby?

      I'd call it my addiction. Luckily it's a wholesome sort of addiction, since there are so many edifying texts to read.

      best regards,

      /Rett