Pali chant "Buddha.m me jiivita.m ..."

  • Bhikkhu Gavesako
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2006
      Greetings all,

      There is a Pali chant which we sometimes do in monasteries: "Buddhaṃ me jivitaṃ yava nibbanaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchami." Sometimes they chant it as "Buddhaṃ te ..." which doesn't make sense. But even "me" is not quite right -- or is there a way to interpret it grammatically? Do you know more about this chant or similar ones?

      Bhikkhu Gavesako
      Amaravati