Fwd: Aj. Chah branches in Melbourne

  • bh. santi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: bh. santi <bh.santi@...>
      Date: 05-Jan-2006 16:56
      Subject: Aj. Chah branches in Melbourne
      To: Pali@yahoogroups.com

      Dear Piya,

      there are two branch monasteries of the Aj. Chah group around Melbourne:

      Bodhivana Buddhist
      Monastery<http://www.watpahnanachat.org/Adresses%20and%20Webpages/UnderConstruction.htm>
      (780 Woods Point Road, East Warburton, Victoria 3799, Australia)
      The senior monk is usually Ajahn Kalyano.
      t. 03 5966 5999
      You can meet Ajahn Kalyano or, if he's away one of the other monks, after
      the meal each day for about an hour, if you would like to come for the meal
      arrive by 10:30, usually can speak to him about 1200 - 1300. Or, there's a
      meditation and talk aimed at newcomers on Saturday evening starting at 7pm,
      also on the Uposatha days (observance days, which go by the lunar calendar)
      there's a group meditation and a talk usually, you can find the dates of
      these on some of the Ajahn Chah group of monasteries' websites, you may
      start at: http://www.watpahnanachat.org/. (This is where I got the address
      of Bodhivana from).

      and also,

      Vimokh'aarama (formally known as Sanghaloka),
      PO BOX 152, Kallista, Vic 3791.

      (Probably similar routine to Bodhivana but you can phone and check.)

      (I'm sorry I can't find the actual address, but just give them a call to get
      directions. At the moment the usual senior monk is away (Ajahn Khemanando),
      and the only (?) monk there is Ven. Dhammasiha, he's a very nice friendly
      learned and meditative monk, about nine vassa I think.)
      t: 0397553378

      Mettaya,

      Bhikkhu Santidhamma.