Ukraine

  • Dmytro A. Ivakhnenko
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 4, 2005
      Hi Leo,

      > I see that your name is Ukrainian and I wish to know if you live in
      > Ukraine or somewhere else. Wish to talk about Dhamma with you.

      Yes, I live in a capital of a wonderful country called Ukraine.
      Tha language here is very much like Pali :)

      With Metta,
      Dmytro http://dhamma.ru/sadhu/
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 4, 2005
        Dear Ole,
        op 02-12-2005 21:35 schreef Ole Holten Pind op oleholtenpind@...:

        > It seems to me that there is a marked difference between the view that
        > satipaarisuddhi is generated by upekkhaa and the view that both upekkhaa and
        > sati are pure in the fourth jhaana.
        ------
        N: Going back to the Vis text: < The fourth jhana...which...'has mindfulness
        purified by equanimity'.>
        I do not read the notion of <generated by> upekkhaa. They arise at the same
        time, there is no previous generation by upekkhaa.
        The Vibhanga text in English has caused by, but I do not have the Pali. But
        also this word may not be a problem if we think of conascence. Citta and
        cetasikas are arising together and experience the same object.

        Detachment and many other sobhana cetasikas had become strong because of the
        yogavacara's development of calm. Then it was the right time for the arising
        of the jhaanacitta of the fourth stage, where upekkhaa, sati and also the
        other accompanying cetasikas have reached a high degree of purity. It all
        falls into place at that one moment of jhaanacitta.
        So I do not think there is a difference of view between the Vibhanga, the
        Visuddhimagga and the Sutta nipata.