Re: Pali Day by Day 11/30/2005 [D-Series: Finale]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Dec 2, 2005
      Dear Nina and friends,

      thanks for the info, Nina.

      The word dhamma is always tricky. If the text refers to a/kusala
      citta here, then there is a possibility that dhamma means action,
      verbal or physical.

      So, manopubba`ngamaa dhammaa simply means actions are "gone first to
      the mind". That would mean that actions are "first conceived by the
      mind".

      What do you think?

      when looking at the text it seems to refer to kusala citta or akusala
      citta that motivate deeds bringing results. I would take rather to
      forerunner.

      > I am still thinking of the very first phrase of the verse:
      > manopubba`ngamaa dhammaa
      >
      > I am tempted to translate it as:
      > conceivable by the mind are all phenomena
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan