Re: Pali Day by Day 11/30/2005 [D-Series: Finale]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Dec 1, 2005
      Dear Nina and friends,

      thanks, Nina. And I also like to thank everyone who has contributed
      to this series by offering corrections to the solutions of the
      exercises. These have been compiled and provided online:
      http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/#D

      I like dhamma daana too. It sounds very nice. However, I think in
      this case it would be better to keep in simple English as "gift of
      truth". I would encourage dhamma dana used in everyday's conversation.

      It is fine you post 1-2 to the dsg list. It would be good if you can
      also provide us the outcome of the discussion.

      I am still thinking of the very first phrase of the verse:
      manopubba`ngamaa dhammaa

      I am tempted to translate it as:
      conceivable by the mind are all phenomena

      What do you think?

      I posted the last one, 1-2, to the dsg list, mentioning your name. I
      hope this is OK. They were just discussing it.

      One remark: I like dhamma daana, the gift of Dhamma, instead of the
      gift of truth, although it amounts to the same.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan