Pali Day by Day E037 (Ex10C)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Nov 14, 2005
      1.Sons of the wealthy are not always wise.
      puttaa / dhanavata.m / na bhavanti / sadaa / paññavanto
      Dhanavata.m puttaa sadaa paññavanto na bhavanti.

      2.One who has relations does not fear enemies.
      bandhumaa / na bhaayati / ariibhi
      Bandhumaa ariibhi na bhaayati.

      3.The brothers of the virtuous will bow down to the Exalted One.
      bhaataro / siilavantassa / vandissanti / bhagavanta.m
      Siilavantassa bhaataro bhagavanta.m vandissanti.

      4.Your grandsons are not intelligent.
      tava / nattaaro / na bhavanti / buddhimanto
      Tava nattaaro buddhimanto na bhavanti.

      5.Tomorrow the wise men will preach to the men of high caste.
      suve / paññavanto / desessanti / kulavata.m
      Suve paññavanto kulavata.m desessanti.

      6.Today the rich will go to a mountain in the Himalayas.
      ajja / dhanavanto / gamissanti / giri.m / himavantesu
      Ajja dhanavanto Himavantesu giri.m gamissanti.

      7.There are fruitful trees, lions and leopards in the garden of the
      rich man.
      bhavanti / phalavanto / rukkhaa / siihaa / ca / diipayo / aaraame /
      dhanavantassa
      Phalavanto rukkhaa ca siihaa ca diipayo ca dhanavantassa aaraame
      bhavanti.

      8.When will the famous men come to our village?
      kadaa / aagamissanti / yasavanto / amha.m / gama.m
      Kadaa yasavanto amha.m gama.m aagamissanti.
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.