Problems with Pali Lookup

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      Hello,

      As I was in Yangon I tried to install the Pali Lookup program on the
      Pali Teacher's computer but with no success. I remembered having had
      problems to install that program on both my desktop and laptop
      computer, but managed to find a solution by googling the error
      messages I got. Unfortunately this was not possible in Yangon since
      the computer was not connected to the web and I could not remember how
      I solved the problem at home. I think it had something to do with the
      fact that the OS is Windows XP and not 98 and maybe also with some
      Access components. Has anybody else also had problems installing that
      program?

      I have another annoying problem with that program that I find very
      useful by the way. On my laptop the main window shows all the
      diacritical marks and when i type aa for example it automatically adds
      a diacritical mark on top of the a. On my desktop computer this does
      not happen and I have to use the ignore accents options, because I
      find the codes very difficult to remember. I suppose this has
      something to do with the font being used since the fonts on both
      computers look different, but I could not find any font option in Pali
      Lookup itself. Since this is an Access based program, do i have to
      change something in Access?

      Thanks for your help,

      Florent