Re: most common words?

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
      Dear Rene and friends,

      thanks for the information. You are always welcome to put useful
      documents in the Files section. However, please ensure it is not
      duplicated. If there is any problem, please write to me offlist.
      Thank you.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, rsalm wrote:

      I have a Word document with the 1,000 most common Pali words. Don't
      have a URL source, and am not sure where on the web it comes from. It
      lists the word and the frequency count. 'Hoti' is #1 (26150
      times). 'pajahati' comes in at 707 times. Don't know if this is just
      the Suttapitaka. Will try to attach it to this message. It's 88 kb (5
      pages). Alternatively, Yong Peng may want to place it in the file
      section of the list. If it doesn't go through, we'll have to think of
      something else.
    • rett
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
        > I don't want to make a big issue of this and make Ole feel
        >uncomfortable, but if you look at his last message, you will see that he
        >top-posted onto three previous messages followed by a whole load of garbage.

        That was mostly my fault, I believe. I normally trim footers but I had failed to do so in the message of mine that Ole quoted. That's why it became so long.

        best regards,

        /Rett