Re: Top-posting

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 5, 2005
      Dear Stephen, Gunnar, Ole and friends,

      I agree that it is unsightly to have the trailing garbage, and it is
      advised that members be mindful of the issue. All Yahoo! Groups'
      messages come with a footer, either the moderator insert one (as is
      for this group) or Yahoo! will put in a default footer, pointing the
      receipient to Yahoo! Terms of Service, etc.

      Together with this footer is advertisements, which is known as
      from Yahoo! server. So, they would just keep piling up if no one trim
      them off.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Hodge wrote:

      if you look at his last message, you will see that he top-posted onto
      three previous messages followed by a whole load of garbage.
    • Ole Holten Pind
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
        _____

        So, they would just keep piling up if no one trim
        them off.

        I agree,

        The inconvenience of dealing with the barbage just never ccurred to me. I
        have a very fast connection..

        Ole Pind

        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
          Dear Rene and friends,

          thanks for the information. You are always welcome to put useful
          documents in the Files section. However, please ensure it is not
          duplicated. If there is any problem, please write to me offlist.
          Thank you.

          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, rsalm wrote:

          I have a Word document with the 1,000 most common Pali words. Don't
          have a URL source, and am not sure where on the web it comes from. It
          lists the word and the frequency count. 'Hoti' is #1 (26150
          times). 'pajahati' comes in at 707 times. Don't know if this is just
          the Suttapitaka. Will try to attach it to this message. It's 88 kb (5
          pages). Alternatively, Yong Peng may want to place it in the file
          section of the list. If it doesn't go through, we'll have to think of
          something else.
        • rett
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
            > I don't want to make a big issue of this and make Ole feel
            >uncomfortable, but if you look at his last message, you will see that he
            >top-posted onto three previous messages followed by a whole load of garbage.

            That was mostly my fault, I believe. I normally trim footers but I had failed to do so in the message of mine that Ole quoted. That's why it became so long.

            best regards,

            /Rett