most common words?

  • james Miner
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello,
      I have been looking for this list of the "100 most
      common words in the Pali Canon" .
      is there such a list?
      Thanks,
      James

    • Stephen Hodge
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
        Dear Friends,

        To add to the request of James Miner fior the 100 most common Pali words, I
        had been thinking recently of asking a somewhat similar question: Has a
        statistical count been carried out for Pali ? I have a useful word
        frequency program (Hermetic Word Frequency Counter 3.07) but the difficulty
        to use it for Pali / Sanskrit is the large number of compounds and the words
        coalesced through sandhi. Given these problems, I can't see how it could be
        done -- so in the end I didn't bother to ask, though such a word frequency
        list would be useful for pedagogical purposes.

        Best wishes,
        Stephen Hodge
      • rsalm
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
          Hi James, Stephen, and Yong Peng,
          I have a Word document with the 1,000 most common Pali words. Don't have a URL source, and am not sure where on the web it comes from. It lists the word and the frequency count. 'Hoti' is #1 (26150 times). 'pajahati' comes in at 707 times. Don't know if this is just the Suttapitaka. Will try to attach it to this message. It's 88 kb (5 pages). Alternatively, Yong Peng may want to place it in the file section of the list. If it doesn't go through, we'll have to think of something else.
          Rene
          I have been looking for this list of the "100 most
          common words in the Pali Canon" .
          is there such a list?
          Thanks,
          James

          Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective
          [Homepage] http://www.tipitaka.net
          [Send Message] pali@yahoogroups.com

          Mormon beliefs Tibetan buddhism Zen buddhism

        • Clay Collier
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
            The Top 1000 words list is located in the 'More Files' page that was created
            for the group at: http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/
            The download links for the wordlist are about 3/4s of the way down the page.
            There are three different formats of the list.

            Clay Collier

            On 11/2/05, rsalm <rjs@...> wrote:

            > Hi James, Stephen, and Yong Peng,
            > I have a Word document with the 1,000 most common Pali words. Don't have a
            > URL source, and am not sure where on the web it comes from. It lists the
            > word and the frequency count. 'Hoti' is #1 (26150 times). 'pajahati' comes
            > in at 707 times. Don't know if this is just the Suttapitaka. Will try to
            > attach it to this message. It's 88 kb (5 pages). Alternatively, Yong Peng
            > may want to place it in the file section of the list. If it doesn't go
            > through, we'll have to think of something else.
            > Rene

          • Clay Collier
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
              Hi Stephen-
              I'd thought of the same question earlier, but a little searching over the
              years hasn't turned up any leads to anyone having carried out such a
              project. I initially was drawn to the idea by looking at some work on
              classical cryptography, and its applications to deciphering incomplete
              texts, or untranslated scripts. As a result, tables of character/letter
              frequency were the first thing that I thought of, but I think that there is
              a lot of other statistical information that might be interesting to pull out
              of the canon. I imagine that if you have a statistical 'picture' of what a
              particular body of text looks like in terms of the relative use of
              compounds, vocabulary, archaic or under-used declentions, etc., you have an
              additional piece of information to use in trying to assess if a given text
              is in the same style. I would imagine that philologists would have given
              some thought to this sort of method- not sure if it is considered useful or
              not, or to what extent the approach has been tried with other languages. Any
              linguists have any insight to offer?

              Clay Collier

              On 11/2/05, Stephen Hodge <s.hodge@...> wrote:

              > Dear Friends,
              >
              > To add to the request of James Miner fior the 100 most common Pali words,
              > had been thinking recently of asking a somewhat similar question: Has a
              > statistical count been carried out for Pali ? I have a useful word
              > frequency program (Hermetic Word Frequency Counter 3.07) but the
              > difficulty
              > to use it for Pali / Sanskrit is the large number of compounds and the
              > words
              > coalesced through sandhi. Given these problems, I can't see how it could
              > be
              > done -- so in the end I didn't bother to ask, though such a word frequency
              >
              > list would be useful for pedagogical purposes.
              >
              > Best wishes,
              > Stephen Hodge

              > Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective
              > web only.

            • Robert Didham
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
                Some good ppints there Clay and I thought that there had been some work done
                on the canon (particularly the Sanskrit versions and I expected the Pali as
                well) at least as far as staistical analysis from the point of view of
                dating, authorship, stylistics etc - will try to dig back through my memory
                and see what pops out - would almost certainly be in the German scholarly
                literature.

                Cheers

                Robert Didham

              • Ole Holten Pind
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 2, 2005
                  Hi,

                  There is certainly a lot of important statistical information that might be
                  interesting to pull out of the canon. To give one example of many. Take, for
                  instance, the assumption that the Pali canon contains Magadhisms.
                  Philologists believe that the vocative bhikkhave, for instance, is a
                  Magadhism as opposed to that of bhikkhavo. However, there are well over
                  26.000 examples of the use of bhikkhave in the canon, but only about 160
                  quotable instances of bhikkhavo. Any linguistically inclined philologist
                  would find that statistically significant. The distribution of the two
                  vocatives show that bhikkhavo only occurs in verse and in initial position
                  in prose, whereas bhikkhave never occurs in such environments. This
                  indicates that the interpretation of bhikkhave as a Magadhism is dubious to
                  say the very least.

                  Regards,

                  Ole Pind

                  _____

                  I'd thought of the same question earlier, but a little searching over the
                  years hasn't turned up any leads to anyone having carried out such a
                  project. I initially was drawn to the idea by looking at some work on
                  classical cryptography, and its applications to deciphering incomplete
                  texts, or untranslated scripts. As a result, tables of character/letter
                  frequency were the first thing that I thought of, but I think that there is
                  a lot of other statistical information that might be interesting to pull out
                  of the canon. I imagine that if you have a statistical 'picture' of what a
                  particular body of text looks like in terms of the relative use of
                  compounds, vocabulary, archaic or under-used declentions, etc., you have an
                  additional piece of information to use in trying to assess if a given text
                  is in the same style. I would imagine that philologists would have given
                  some thought to this sort of method- not sure if it is considered useful or
                  not, or to what extent the approach has been tried with other languages. Any
                  linguists have any insight to offer?

                  Clay Collier

                  On 11/2/05, Stephen Hodge <s.hodge@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Friends,
                  >
                  > To add to the request of James Miner fior the 100 most common Pali words,
                  > had been thinking recently of asking a somewhat similar question: Has a
                  > statistical count been carried out for Pali ? I have a useful word
                  > frequency program (Hermetic Word Frequency Counter 3.07) but the
                  > difficulty
                  > to use it for Pali / Sanskrit is the large number of compounds and the
                  > words
                  > coalesced through sandhi. Given these problems, I can't see how it could
                  > be
                  > done -- so in the end I didn't bother to ask, though such a word frequency
                  >
                  > list would be useful for pedagogical purposes.
                  >
                  > Best wishes,
                  > Stephen Hodge

                  > Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective
                  > web only.

                  eyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113
                  &.sig=GyEyePcJHfZpsY-GdFssvw>
                  &k=Pali&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=
                  Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=GyEyePcJHfZpsY-GdFssvw>
                  Theravada
                  > buddhism<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                  +buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+budd
                  hism&c=6&s=113&.sig=fPO4yeUBBy8t0F4nXQuJGw>
                  &k=Theravada+buddhism&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Morm
                  on+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=fPO4yeUBBy8t0F
                  4nXQuJGw> Beyond
                  > belief<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                  hism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&
                  c=6&s=113&.sig=NgR22WEkb0gHRJDAPUbP5Q>
                  &k=Beyond+belief&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+be
                  liefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=NgR22WEkb0gHRJDAPUb
                  P5Q> Mormon
                  > beliefs<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                  dhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism
                  &c=6&s=113&.sig=SlQvf_DQhA7LQCPPqw7lEg>
                  &k=Mormon+beliefs&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+b
                  eliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=SlQvf_DQhA7LQCPPqw
                  7lEg> Tibetan
                  > buddhism<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                  uddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhi
                  sm&c=6&s=113&.sig=AYNn_WFJ1K_p6VBpiYfSbg>
                  &k=Tibetan+buddhism&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon
                  +beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=AYNn_WFJ1K_p6VBp
                  iYfSbg> Zen
                  > buddhism<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                  ism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+beliefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c
                  =6&s=113&.sig=mnV1ApI1F2QNSeDb3zeCNA>
                  &k=Zen+buddhism&w1=Pali&w2=Theravada+buddhism&w3=Beyond+belief&w4=Mormon+bel
                  iefs&w5=Tibetan+buddhism&w6=Zen+buddhism&c=6&s=113&.sig=mnV1ApI1F2QNSeDb3zeC

                  subscribe>

                  Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective
                  [Homepage] http://www.tipitaka.net
                  [Send Message] pali@yahoogroups.com
                  only.

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  the web.

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  _____

                  <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=41764&pa
                  rtner=hbtools> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

                • Dmytro A. Ivakhnenko
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hello James,

                    > I have been looking for this list of the "100 most
                    > common words in the Pali Canon" .
                    > is there such a list?

                    Besides already mentioned link, you can find extended lists in the thread
                    http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?showtopic=19624

                    Besides, I have a list of top 50000 Pali words with numbers of their
                    occurences in Digha, Majjhima, Samyutta, Anguttara, Khuddaka Nikayas and
                    Vinaya, and overall number. I can put it on website if necessary.

                    This approach can be an instrument of determining the relative age of
                    Pali texts.

                    Regards,
                    Dmytro
                  • Ole Holten Pind
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Dear Dmytro,

                      Your list would be very interesting to me. I regard distribution lists to be
                      the way to solid linguistic research of the language of the canon.

                      Best regards,

                      Ole Pind

                      > I have been looking for this list of the "100 most common words in the
                      > Pali Canon" .
                      > is there such a list?

                      Besides already mentioned link, you can find extended lists in the thread
                      http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?showtopic=19624

                      Besides, I have a list of top 50000 Pali words with numbers of their
                      occurences in Digha, Majjhima, Samyutta, Anguttara, Khuddaka Nikayas and
                      Vinaya, and overall number. I can put it on website if necessary.

                      This approach can be an instrument of determining the relative age of Pali
                      texts.

                      Regards,
                      Dmytro

                      Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/b0VolB/TM
                    • Stephen Hodge
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                        Dear Dmytro,

                        > Besides, I have a list of top 50000 Pali words with numbers of their
                        > occurences in Digha, Majjhima, Samyutta, Anguttara, Khuddaka Nikayas and
                        > Vinaya, and overall number. I can put it on website if necessary.

                        Sadhu, sadhu ! This sounds brilliant ! I, for one, would love to have a
                        copy. Did you compile it yourself ? If so, how did you do it. I wonder if
                        there is something similar for Sanskrit, based perhaps on the main classics.

                        Best wishes,
                        Stephen Hodge
                      • Dmytro A. Ivakhnenko
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                          Hello,

                          Here is a list of about 50000 Pali words, sorted by frequency in Nikayas
                          and Vinaya-pitaka, with numbers of occurences in each Nikaya and in
                          Vinaya-pitaka, and overall number of occurences, in MS Excel format:

                          http://translate.nibbanka.com/wordlist/paliwords.zip (1.2 Mb)

                          Best wishes,
                          Dmytro
                        • Stephen Hodge
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                            Dear Dmytro,

                            Thanks -- this sounds really useful. All I need now is to get a copy of MS
                            Excel since I don't have that at present.

                            Best wishes,
                            Stephen Hodge
                          • Dmytro A. Ivakhnenko
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                              Dear Stephen,

                              > Did you compile it yourself ? If so, how did you do it.

                              I used the wordlist provided by Ven. Yuttadhammo, see:
                              http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?showtopic=19624

                              and did a bit of processing in MS Excel.

                              Yours, Dmytro
                            • rett
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                                Hi,

                                Very nice. Saavatthiya.m is att 111th place!

                                /Rett

                                >Hello,
                                >
                                >Here is a list of about 50000 Pali words, sorted by frequency in Nikayas
                                >and Vinaya-pitaka, with numbers of occurences in each Nikaya and in
                                >Vinaya-pitaka, and overall number of occurences, in MS Excel format:
                                >
                                >http://translate.nibbanka.com/wordlist/paliwords.zip (1.2 Mb)
                                >
                                >Best wishes,
                                > Dmytro
                              • libris
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                                  The impression I get is that Hajime Nakamura in his Gotama Buddha vol 2 (page 263 n59) says that it is bhikkhavo that is the Magadhism.

                                  What is the significance of "Magadhism"? Does this mean that the passage or section was added during the Asokan period?

                                  Sukhi,

                                  Piya

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 3, 2005
                                    Hi Piya and group.

                                    I don't have an firm opinion on the topic of Magadhisms since I used to just assume everything in Geiger was true, but now I see some of it has been called into question. But I can perhaps respond to a few parts of your question.

                                    >The impression I get is that Hajime Nakamura in his Gotama Buddha vol 2 (page 263 n59) says that it is bhikkhavo that is the Magadhism.

                                    That's interesting. Geiger/Norman §82.3 identify the /-e/ ending form as a Magadhism. Final /e/ where we would expect /o/ is typical of the words considered Magadhisms.

                                    >What is the significance of "Magadhism"? Does this mean that the passage or section was added during the Asokan period?

                                    As I understand it, no. Magadhisms would be forms dating already from the period when the Buddha was teaching. The idea is that the Pali as we know it is a different, probably later, dialect than the one in which the Buddha taught, but that certain old forms were retained for various reasons.

                                    The usual Anglo/German explanation of bhikkhave is that since the Buddha addressed his followers in exactly that way, and everyone had heard the word pronounced that way, it was retained even when the canon was recited in the dialect now called Pali.

                                    In the samaññaphalasutta in the dighanikaya one of the samanas expounds his doctrine using nominative singulars ending in -e, which is considered a typical Magadhism. This could perhaps be a way of portraying his character (since dialects can be associated with certain stereotyped figures). Maybe it makes him sound like a country-bumpkin or something. It's hard to say.

                                    best regards,

                                    /Rett

                                  • Everett Thiele
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Ole Holten Pind" <oleholtenpind@m...> wrote:

                                      > Dear Dmytro,
                                      >
                                      > Your list would be very interesting to me. I regard distribution
                                      lists to be
                                      > the way to solid linguistic research of the language of the canon.

                                      Do you think it might be a good idea to do some trimming in the corpus
                                      first? There are so many repeated formula, both in doctrinal sections
                                      and elsewhere, that many words show a much higher frequency than they
                                      ought to.

                                      Perhaps an approach would be to take all passages that are repeated
                                      verbatim (such as doctrinal lists and opening formulas) and only count
                                      them once total in the sample.

                                      I suppose it would depend on the purpose of the frequency list. For
                                      pedagogical purposes it's probably a good idea that upasa.mkamitvaa
                                      and saavatthiya.m have artificially high rankings. But for studies of
                                      the language itself, that would appear to be misleading.

                                      best regards,

                                      /Rett
                                    • Ole Holten Pind
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        _____

                                        The usual Anglo/German explanation of bhikkhave is that since the Buddha
                                        addressed his followers in exactly that way, and everyone had heard the word
                                        pronounced that way, it was retained even when the canon was recited in the
                                        dialect now called Pali.

                                        Yes, but as I have pointed out below this assumption is contradicted by the
                                        distribution in the canon of bhikkhave and bhikkhavo.

                                        regards

                                        Ole Pind

                                        best regards,

                                        /Rett

                                        >Sukhi,
                                        >
                                        >Piya
                                        >
                                        >--- Ole Holten Pind <oleholtenpind@...> wrote:
                                        >
                                        >> Hi,
                                        >>
                                        >> There is certainly a lot of important statistical information that
                                        >> might be
                                        >> interesting to pull out of the canon. To give one example of many.
                                        >> Take, for
                                        >> instance, the assumption that the Pali canon contains Magadhisms.
                                        >> Philologists believe that the vocative bhikkhave, for instance, is
                                        >> Magadhism as opposed to that of bhikkhavo. However, there are well
                                        >> over
                                        >> 26.000 examples of the use of bhikkhave in the canon, but only about
                                        >> 160
                                        >> quotable instances of bhikkhavo. Any linguistically inclined
                                        >> philologist
                                        >> would find that statistically significant. The distribution of the
                                        >> two
                                        >> vocatives show that bhikkhavo only occurs in verse and in initial
                                        >> position
                                        >> in prose, whereas bhikkhave never occurs in such environments. This
                                        >> indicates that the interpretation of bhikkhave as a Magadhism is
                                        >> dubious to
                                        >> say the very least.
                                        >>
                                        >> Regards,
                                        >>
                                        >> Ole Pind
                                        >>
                                        >> _____

                                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Theravada+buddhism&w1=Theravada+buddhis
                                        m&w2=Tibetan+buddhism&w3=Zen+buddhism&c=3&s=64&.sig=143HA6VIJ6mWxeVKQqQFhg>
                                        buddhism Tibetan
                                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Tibetan+buddhism&w1=Theravada+buddhism&
                                        w2=Tibetan+buddhism&w3=Zen+buddhism&c=3&s=64&.sig=kFGn80DzpxnMd3qPWEko-g>
                                        buddhism Zen
                                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Zen+buddhism&w1=Theravada+buddhism&w2=T
                                        ibetan+buddhism&w3=Zen+buddhism&c=3&s=64&.sig=QR8c79yJKSfiXn_UCl1T0Q>
                                        buddhism

                                        _____

                                        <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=91358&pa

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 4, 2005
                                          Dear Ole,

                                          Your posts are useful and of interest, but could you possibly stop
                                          "top-posting" -- your most recent message was a.good example. If you do not
                                          know what top-posting is and why it is to be avoided, please do a google
                                          search for details.

                                          Many thanks,
                                          Stephen Hodge
                                        • Gunnar Gällmo
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Nov 5, 2005
                                            --- Stephen Hodge
                                            <s.hodge@...> skrev:

                                            > Dear Ole,
                                            >
                                            > Your posts are useful and of interest, but could you
                                            > possibly stop
                                            > "top-posting" -- your most recent message was a.good
                                            > example. If you do not
                                            > know what top-posting is and why it is to be
                                            > avoided, please do a google
                                            > search for details.

                                            I disagree about the principle that top-posting should
                                            always be avoided. Bottom-posting an answer to a
                                            message which fills the entire screen may be very
                                            confusing, as you don't see the answer at once.

                                            Gunnar
                                          • Stephen Hodge
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 5, 2005
                                              Dear Gunnar,

                                              > I disagree about the principle that top-posting should
                                              > always be avoided. Bottom-posting an answer to a
                                              > message which fills the entire screen may be very
                                              > confusing, as you don't see the answer at once.

                                              One should use one's common sense -- but that is not quite what is meant by
                                              top-posting. Top-posting is generally understood to be piling up message
                                              after message in replies back and forth without deleting all that is
                                              redundant. I don't want to make a big issue of this and make Ole feel
                                              uncomfortable, but if you look at his last message, you will see that he
                                              top-posted onto three previous messages followed by a whole load of garbage.
                                              There are several issues here. If messages are archived by a group, it
                                              makes searching topics / threads confusing. Also, many people have slow
                                              connections AND have to pay by the minute for connection times (like me) --
                                              if everybody did the same as Ole, then my phone bill would steadily increase
                                              with no benefit to me.

                                              Generally, it is regarded as good netiquette to snip out = [snip] and only
                                              quote the necessary pieces of a previous message that are required to make
                                              sense. In fact, if you do not do this and top-post, as I have described, in
                                              some groups such as the academic H-NET ones, your message does not get
                                              posted.

                                              So, no big deal really, but just a question of mindfulness.

                                              Best wishes,
                                              Stephen Hodge
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Nov 5, 2005
                                                Dear Stephen, Gunnar, Ole and friends,

                                                I agree that it is unsightly to have the trailing garbage, and it is
                                                advised that members be mindful of the issue. All Yahoo! Groups'
                                                messages come with a footer, either the moderator insert one (as is
                                                for this group) or Yahoo! will put in a default footer, pointing the
                                                receipient to Yahoo! Terms of Service, etc.

                                                Together with this footer is advertisements, which is known as
                                                from Yahoo! server. So, they would just keep piling up if no one trim
                                                them off.

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
                                                  _____

                                                  So, they would just keep piling up if no one trim
                                                  them off.

                                                  I agree,

                                                  The inconvenience of dealing with the barbage just never ccurred to me. I
                                                  have a very fast connection..

                                                  Ole Pind

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
                                                    Dear Rene and friends,

                                                    thanks for the information. You are always welcome to put useful
                                                    documents in the Files section. However, please ensure it is not
                                                    duplicated. If there is any problem, please write to me offlist.
                                                    Thank you.

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Nov 6, 2005
                                                      > I don't want to make a big issue of this and make Ole feel
                                                      >uncomfortable, but if you look at his last message, you will see that he
                                                      >top-posted onto three previous messages followed by a whole load of garbage.

                                                      That was mostly my fault, I believe. I normally trim footers but I had failed to do so in the message of mine that Ole quoted. That's why it became so long.

                                                      best regards,

                                                      /Rett