Re: References

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
      Dear Kåre and friends,

      yes, I have heard this one too.

      I was on the road with a colleague on Thursday, and we saw a dead
      pigeon lying on the road. It is common here in Brisbane, where birds
      exhausted by the summer heat fly very low and got hit by a running
      vehicle. The colleague joked that "when pigeons die, they go to
      pigeon heaven". I was then thinking, "I hope so, and may the pigeon
      God bless the poor pigeon soul."

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Kåre A. Lie wrote:

      the Therii Pu.n.naa makes exactly this joke about brahmans and
      bathing. She also suggests that if bathing in sacred rivers was a way
      to get to heaven, then surely crocodiles would go to heaven, too ...
      why, heaven must be filled with fish and frogs, watersnakes,
      tortoises and crocodiles .... :-)