- Hello Pali friends,
You are welcome to use Pali (Velthuis) spellchecker:
http://dhamma.ru/paali/palispell.zip (144 Kb)
30000 most frequently occuring words are checked. Other Pali words
occur in Sutta and Vinaya Pitakas only 7 or less times.
First unzip this archive.
To Make the Pali Spellchecker functional with Microsoft Word:
1. Open Microsoft Word
2. Click on Tools Menu
3. Select Options for Windows and Preferences for Mac
4. Select Spelling&Grammar Tab
5. Click on "Dictionaries..." Button
6. In the Custom Dictionaries box, Click on Add
7. Windows Users: Find the location of Pali##.dic (remember where you
saved it when you downloaded it or use your computer's Find method to
look for it), select it, and click OK (it should show up along with
Custom.Dic in the Custom dictionaries box, and the check-box by it
should be checked). Click OK.
8. Mac Users: You may not be able to see the file. After you click
"Add", in the next window click on "Speller Custom Dictionary" and
change to "All files" so you can see the dictionary.
9. Now if you click on the "down arrow" in the drop-down box in the
Spelling&Grammar tab, you should see Pali##.dic included below
10. Add the 9 files. If you'd like to add all 10 files, first uncheck
custom.dic, and then add pali10.dic .
Leave the language associated with the files as (none) or the same as
whatever language you currently have a spell-checker for.
11. Click OK to return to editing your page.
For more instructions and information see:
For the sorted list of words which occur four or more times in Sutta
and Vinaya Pitakas see:
http://dhamma.ru/paali/wordlist.zip (218 kb)