Warder Exercises - [F0012] ex. 10 part 2/2

  • alanmcclure3
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 3, 2005
      Warder: Exercise 10 part 2/2

      [D.II.139 — xvi.(Mahaaparinibbaana).5.4]
      maa [indec/neg] not
      me [per pro/gen/sg] me
      purato [indec] in front of
      a.t.thaasi[as I/aor/3rd sg] you were
      lit: Do not be in front of me
      Do not stand in front of me

      [D.I.105 — iii.(Amba.t.tha).2.10]
      so [dem pro/nom/m/sg] this
      ma.m [per pro/acc/1st sg] I
      pa~nhena, [m-a/instr/sg] by question
      aha.m [per pro/nom/1st sg] I
      veyyaakara.nena [n-a/instr/sg] by explanation/analysis
      sobhissaami[subh I/fut/1st sg] I will make it clear
      lit: By question and by explanation I will make it clear
      I will clarify with explanations to your questions

      [D.II.73 — xvi.(Mahaaparinibbaana).1.4]
      tena [indec] this way
      kho [enc/indec] indeed
      pana [indec/enc] but/however/now
      samayena [m-a/inst/sg] by time/occasion
      Aanando [m-a/nom/sg] Aananda
      bhagavato [m-ant/gen/sg] Blessed One
      pi.t.thito[indec] behind
      .thito [(.t).thaa I/pp/nom/sg] stood/stayed
      hoti [huu I/ind act/3rd sg] he is
      bhagavanta.m [m-ant/acc/sg] Blessed One
      viijamaano[viij I/ppr/nom/sg] fanning
      lit: Now, at that time, Aananda stood behind the Blessed One, fanning him
      note: tena + samayena =At this/that time

      [D.III.255 — xxxiii.(Sa'ngiiti).3.1.(iv)]
      kamma.m [n-a/nom/sg] work
      kho [indec] indeed
      pana [indec/enc] but/however/now
      me [per pro/gen/1st sg] of mine
      karontassa [kar VI/ppr/gen/sg] making/doing
      kaayo [m-a/nom/sg] body
      kilamissati[kilam I/fut/3rd sg] he will become tired
      lit: However indeed, while I am doing the work, my body will become tired.
      However, as I work, I will become exhausted

      [D.II.16 — xiv.(Mahaapadaana).1.31]
      tassa [per pron/gen/m/3rd sg] of him
      ratanaani [n-a/nom/pl] gems/precious things
      bhavanti[bhuu I/ind act/3rd pl] they are
      lit: They are his precious things
    • rett
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 26, 2005
        Hi Yong Peng,

        >Dear Rett, Ole, Alan and friends,
        >
        >thanks, Rett. I am starting to understand that. How then would you
        >translate:
        >
        >kamma.m kho pana me karontassa kaayo kilanto, handaaha.m nipajjaami

        My body is tired from doing all this work... suppose I go put on my
        pyjamas (nipajjaami).

        Or go have a lie-down :-)

        best regards,

        /Rett