Pali Day by Day E027 (Ex8A)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hello,
      This is the first part of Exercise 8 p22-23 of Buddhadatta's New Pali
      Course and it is illustrating the chapter on declension of masculine
      nouns ending in ii.
      With metta,
      Florent

      1. Mantii hatthina.m aaruhissati.
      minister / elephant / will climb
      The minister will climb the elephant.

      2. Maya.m se.t.thino geha.m gamissaama.
      we / [of] millionaire / village / will go
      We will go to the millionaire's village.

      3. Tva.m saamino puttassa kapi.m dadissasi.
      you / [to] lord / [of] son / monkey / will give
      We see your hands.

      4. Ga.nino sukhino bhavissanti.
      Those who have a follower / happy / will be
      Those who have a follower will be happy.

      5. Amhaka.m saamino diighajiivino na bhavanti.
      our / lords / possessor of a long life / not / are
      Our lords are not long livers

      6. Paapakaari ya.t.thinaa bhogi.m maaresi.
      Evil doer / [with] stick / serpent / killed
      The evil doer killed the serpent with a stick.

      7. Mama puttaa se.t.thino gaame vasissanti.
      my / sons / [of] millionaire / [in] village / will live
      My sons will live in the village of the millionaire.

      8. Ku.t.thii saarathino paada.m ya.t.thinaa pahari.
      leper / [of] charioteer / foot / [with] stick / struck
      The leper struck the charioteer's foot with a stick.
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.