Re: [Pali] Re: New to this group

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      Dear Jill,
      op 29-09-2005 21:30 schreef Jill op datjat1@...:
      Other words that gets me confused is formations or
      > fabrications, or the defilements, cankers, etc. I would like to see
      > these Pali terms broken down as well into their components.
      --------
      Sa.nkhaarakkhandha is often translated as the khandha of formations,
      fabrications or activities. It includes all cetasikas other than feeling and
      saññaa. Thus, all good qualities and bad qualities, sobhana cetasikas and
      akusala cetasikas, are included.
      Sa.nkhaara dhammaa has another meaning: this includes all conditioned
      dhammas.
      Defilements: these are classified as several groups each showing a
      particular aspect. The asavas, cankers, is one of them. Another translation
      of asava: intoxicant. They are like liquor that has been fermented for a
      long time, they are exuding from unguarded sensedoors.
      There is a great deal to say about the different groups of defilements.