Re: Creating a Pali Tipitaka and Pali Literature Wiki-space

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15 3:37 PM
      Dear Ven. Nyanatusita, Gunnar and friends,

      Bhante: I read with interest your intention to create a Pali Tipitaka
      and literature wiki. I wish you every success in your endeavour. And
      I urge anyone who is able to assist to help in the project.
      Proofreading is not easy for a me, a beginner in Pali literature.

      However, I have some questions about the Buddhajayanthi version
      (BJV). How different is it from the Burmese CSCD? And, isn't Metta
      Lanka already hosting BJV in roman and sinhala scripts?

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, nyanatusita wrote:

      I would appreciate feedback about creating a Pali Tipitaka and Pali
      Literature Wikipedia like webspace. The aim would be to finish off
      proofreading the largely unproofread digital Buddhajayanthi (now
      available on the Metta Lanka and Journal of Buddhist Ethics website)
      and creating a new completely free and uninstitutionalised Pali
      Tipitaka and Pali Literature Wiki-space out of it by incorporating
      all the readings from all available editions of Pali works and
      manuscripts. Other digitalised Pali works, translations, etc, could
      also be incorporated. It will need to be a moderated Wikipedia
      though. Ven. Mettavihari, who is the organiser of the Buddhajayanthi
      digital Tipitaka edition, is willing to provide the digital
      Buddhajayanthi and a separate webspace for this purpose on the
      condition that it will be a moderated Wikepedia. Qualified scholars
      will need to oversee the input of readings and texts and see to it
      that the texts will not be meddled with in the wrong way as
      apparently happens in some Wikipedias.