Skip to search.

Sanskrit text needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2005
      Dharma friends,

      Ajahn Sujato will be giving a day workshop called "Roots," an introduction
      to comparative Buddhism. We will be looking at the early Buddhist texts
      across traditions, especially the Nikayas and the their Agamas counterpart
      in Chinese translations and Sanskrit versions (where available).

      Students will also be introduced to Buddhist Chinese software (like Dr
      Eye), and how to use the Chinese Tripitaka (ie the Agama volumes). We will
      compare the versions (including English translations) across the canons,
      and discuss issues arising.

      The workshop will be held at the Buddhist Fellowship (Eton House, near Paya
      Lebar MRT station, Singapore) on 29 October 2005, beginning 9.00 am.

      In this connection, I am looking for the Sanskrit text of:

      ATTAKAARII SUTTA (A 6.38/3:337); SA 459 = T2.117

      This might be found in Tripathi's edition, Ekottaragama-Fragmente der
      Gilgit-Handschrift (1995) (which I do not have).

      I would be very grateful if anyone could send me this Sanskrit text
      (preferably in MS Word for the quadriliner text). Or, any readable format
      (such as PDF) will do, in roman or devanagari.

      Sukhi

      Piya