Re: [Pali] Compound question

    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 3, 2005
      Dear Alan,
      op 03-09-2005 05:20 schreef Alan McClure op alanmcclure3@...:

      > dhammaanudhammappa.tipanno
      N: What do you think of this: anu-dhamma: in accordance with dhamma. anu:
      following.
      Practice of the dhamma in accordance with the dhamma.

      Now I did not answer your question what compound it is.
      anudhamma tells us how to patipatti dhamma. Thus, anudhamma modifies dhamma
      patipanno.
      Perhaps it does not modify the bhikkhu who practises?
      You said: tappurisa acts as a noun and a bahubbiihi as an adjective.
      I would like to learn more about compounds. I do not know much.
      I want to thank Ret. Perhaps this is the clue: <Hence a compound that
      internally is a tappurisa (baby-face) could function as a bahubbihi in the
      context of its sentence. The same goes for a kammadhaaraya (big-nose). It
      makes perfect sense, for example, to speak of a bahubbiihi with the internal
      structure of a tappurisa or a kammadhaaraya. >

      It is complicated for me. I print this out to study it. Thanks.
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 10, 2005
        Dear Yong Peng,
        thank you, that is very clear.
        Nina.