Re: Pali Day by Day 8/17/2005 [D188] verb list

    Message 1 of 1247 , Sep 2, 2005
      Dear Alan and friends,

      in order to complete the first passage, I have put together a list of
      verbs with their stems and conjugational groups. Please help to check
      through it, and let me know if there's a problem. Thanks.

      This list comprises all the verbs in the passage. However, a verb may
      appear in its various forms, and I have only put down the first
      instance of it in the passage.

      nihita (pp, ni+dhaa I)
      ahosi (aor, huu I)
      pa.tivasati (pa.ti+vas I)
      kaamayamaanaa (ppr, kam VII)
      pesesu.m (aor, pes VII)
      sutvaa (ger, (s)su V)
      cintesi (aor, cint VII)
      pahaaya (ger, pa+jahati of haa I)
      bhavati (bhuu I)
      va.t.tati (va.t.t I)
      pa.tikkhipi (aor, pa.ti+(k)khip I*)
      pavattentii (ppr, pa+vatt VII)
      santappesi (aor, sa.m+tapp VII)
      aagamma (ger, aa+gam I)
      ga.nhi (aor, (g)gah V)
      disvaa (ger, (d)dis>pass I)
      pati.t.thaapetvaa (ger, pati+(.t).thaa VII)
      aaha (past perfect, substitute for bruu I*)
      oloketvaa (ger, o+lok VII)
      dehi (imp, daa I)
      pa.tijaggaahi (imp, pa.ti+jagg I)
      vatvaa (ger, vac I)