Compound question

  • Alan McClure
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hello all,

      In the phrase:

      jaraamara.nassa ce bhikkhu nibbidaaya viraagaaya nirodhaaya pa.tipanno hoti,
      `dhammaanudhammappa.tipanno bhikkhuu'ti ala.m vacanaaya.

      Would "dhammaanudhammappa.tipanno " be a tappurisa or a bahubbiihi? I'm
      inclined to say the latter since adjectives normally preceed the the noun
      and because bahubbiihi compounds can normally can be translated as
      "[noun]who is [compound here]" if I understand Warder correctly. Can anyone
      affirm that this is indeed a bahubbiihi?

      Metta,

      Alan
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 10, 2005
        Dear Yong Peng,