Adding diacritics to the Dictionary of Pali Proper Names

  • nyanatusita
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Dear Pali Group,

      I noticed that the digitalised Dictionary of Pali Proper Names (DPPN)
      available from Metta Lanka, etc, does not have diacritcs except in the
      case of vowels. This reduces the value of the work a lot.
      Would anyone know who originally digitalised it? Maybe the digitaliser
      originally put in the diacritics while formatting it in Word or so, but
      then left them out in HTML. If these files still exist then they could
      be used for making new HTMLS or some preferably some different kind of
      searchable dictionary similar to the searchable versions of
      Buddhadatta's Pali English Dictionary.
      It is possible to use diacricts in HTML judging from the online Pali
      English Dictionary.
      If the original files with all diacritics don't exist (anymore) then is
      there maybe someone who is interested to add them?

      Yours,
      Bh. Nyanatusita