Pali Day by Day E018

  • Florent Robert
    Message 1 of 219 , Aug 29, 2005
      And here's the last part of Exercise 5:

      9. The householder gets a gem from the leader.
      gahapati / labhati / ma.ni.m / adhipatimhaa
      Gahapati adhipatimhaa ma.ni.m labhati.

      10. The monkeys on the tree strike the leopard.
      vaanaraa / rukkhe / paharanti / diipi.m
      Vaanaraa rukkhe diipi.m paharanti.

      11. The leader strikes the enemy with a sword.
      adhipati / paharati / asinaa / ari.m
      Adhipati asinaa ari.m paharati.

      12. The sages look at the sun.
      isayo / olokenti / ravi.m
      Isayo ravi.m olokenti.

      13. We get paddy from the husband.
      maya.m / labhaama / viihi.m / patinaa
      Maya.m patinaa viihi.m labhaama.

      14. The sickness oppresses the sons of the guest.
      vyaadhi / pii.leti / putte / atithissa
      Vyaadhi atithissa putte pii.leti.

      15. I see the sun upon the sea.
      Aha.m / passaami / ravi.m / udadhimhi
      Aha.m udadhimhi ravi.m passaami.

      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.