CSCD rom how to copy and paste extracts?

  • robertkirkpatrick.rm
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2002
      Dear Group,
      Does anyone have a program that allows the copying of short extracts
      to be done direct from the CSCD Chattha Sangayana CD? At the moment
      we can go the tipitaka website and do this but it would save time if
      there was a way to copy and paste directly.
      thanks
      robert
    • David Yeung
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
        "robertkirkpatrick.rm" wrote:
        > Does anyone have a program that allows the copying of short extracts
        > to be done direct from the CSCD Chattha Sangayana CD? At the moment
        > we can go the tipitaka website and do this but it would save time if
        > there was a way to copy and paste directly.

        What do you mean by this? I have no trouble getting text out of the
        CSCD. The CSCD has an export function in which you can put the page
        numbers of the section you wish to export, at least in the version that
        I have (v3.0). You have to export at least a page's worth, but it's
        no trouble to then use Word or WordPad to cut and paste as you wish.

        --
        David Yeung

        http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

        http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8
      • robertkirkpatrick.rm
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
          Thanks for this David. I have figured out how to export and find the
          file, thanks to your post.
          best
          robert
          ---

          In Pali@y..., "David Yeung" <yeung@c...> wrote:

          > "robertkirkpatrick.rm" wrote:
          > > Does anyone have a program that allows the copying of short
          extracts
          > > to be done direct from the CSCD Chattha Sangayana CD? At the
          moment
          > > we can go the tipitaka website and do this but it would save
          time if
          > > there was a way to copy and paste directly.
          >
          > What do you mean by this? I have no trouble getting text out of
          the
          > CSCD. The CSCD has an export function in which you can put the
          page
          > numbers of the section you wish to export, at least in the version
          that
          > I have (v3.0). You have to export at least a page's worth, but
          it's
          > no trouble to then use Word or WordPad to cut and paste as you
          wish.

          > --
          > David Yeung
          >
          > --
          > http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
          >
          > Save up to $160 by signing up for NetZero Platinum Internet
          service.
          > http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8
        • Andy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
            Dear Venerables; Hi Group;

            Dear Robert;

            If you only wish to copy a short extract from the CSCD:
            a) select the text you wish to copy with your mouse (words, phrases,
            sentences, paragraphs)
            b) press Ctrl-C

            This will copy the text to the Clipboard, and you can Paste it into any
            other program you wish to use. You will then need to select the text, and
            choose one of the VriRomanPali fonts to see the correct Pali characters.

            Since there are "hard-return" characters and such in the CSCD text, I added
            a feature in Palitrans 2.0 that will clean out most of that for you
            automatically. There is a button called "Paste from CSCD" in Palitrans 2.0

            If you then with to include the text in Velthuis ("standard
            transliteration") format, you can use Palitrans 2.0 to do this.

            a) select the text
            b) press the "Pali Font to Standard Transliteration" button
            c) then, you can "Copy and Paste" the text like you would with any other
            program.

            Palitrans 2.0 is free and available (thanks John Kelly!) in the Files
            section.

            peace from

            Andy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
              ---
              Dear Andy,
              Thanks! I just tested out the copy and paste using your utility and
              it could harldly be any easier or more effective. Exactly what I was
              hoping for.
              Jim Anderson sent me a note saying that for converting whole volumes
              there is a good conversion utility program
              (cscdconv) at: http://www.fsnow.com/pali/
              best
              robert

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • bodhi2500
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
                Hi
                Is it possible to paste something from the CSCD then click a button
                to change in into the Vethuis scheme? ie Sabbe Dhammaa Anattaa,
                double a instead of the diacritic marks, and from Vethuis scheme to
                Diacritics?
                Thanks
              • bodhi2500
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 13, 2002
                    Hi
                    I was talking about pasteing into Palitrans 2.0 by John Kelly in
                    the below posts.
                    Thanks