Re: Hello, i'm new to this group and would like to ask a few questions.

  • robertkirkpatrick.rm
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2002
      Dear Samatha Savaka,
      Thanks for your reply. I gave no personal interpretation: the quote
      came from Buddhaghosa and is simply a succint summary of reality
      according to the Theravada. As it happens, I believe it is the
      correct view.
      I don't know the 'Awakening of Faith Shastra', but your comments
      about an 'unchanging essense... [that] we have never been apart
      from' is contrary to the texts of the Theravada.
      best wishes
      robert