Re: [Pali] Re: Cannot understand this sentence...

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30 8:18 AM
      Dear Keren,

      op 28-07-2005 18:57 schreef keren_arbel op keren_arbel@...:

      > When the sentence says "mental objects persist in obsessing his mind",
      > what are there dhammas? How do you explain paritassanaa
      > dhammasamuppaadaa?
      ____
      N: paritassanaa : worry
      dhammasamuppaadaa: a compound: the arisings (samuppaadaa) of dhammas, mental
      objects.
      Uppaada can stay untranslated, just as cittupaada translated as citta. It
      shows the actuality of the citta that has arisen.
      In the compound only the stem dhamma is used, no declination. As explained
      in Warder.
      I had: There is disturbance for him born of the alteration of visible
      object; mental objects persist in obsessing his mind.
      So I made the sentence into two parts. Let us see what others say, I stand
      to be corrected.