Re: SV: [Pali] Buddhism, a family of religions

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
      Dear Gunnar,

      Gunnar wrote:

      > "Say NO! to the evangelists.")
      >
      > Would it be possible to see a copy?

      A digital copy has been sent separately, caveat emptor (sorry I do not know the Latin
      for "reader beware").

      > > (The current pope once
      > > remarked that Buddhism is a
      > > form of "self-eroticism," and he could well be right
      > > if we resort to being
      > > pleased only at our being right and rejecting
      > > displeasing opinions.)
      >
      > He is also reported to have said - when still a
      > cardinal - that after the fall of Communism, the main
      > enemy of the Catholic Church will be Buddhism.
      >
      > Why?

      We should ask him who makes the remark, as he should know best his own intentions. He
      might have expressed his ideas in some book.

      Sukhi

      Piya
    • Edward Cherlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2005
        On Thursday 28 July 2005 00:18, Piya Tan wrote:
        > A digital copy has been sent separately, caveat emptor (sorry
        > I do not know the Latin for "reader beware").

        Caveat lector.
        --
        Edward Cherlin
        Generalist & activist--Linux, languages, literacy and more