Pali Day by Day E011 (Ex 4A Translate into English)

  • Florent Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2005
      Hello,
      Sorry for not being able to post the answers very regularly lately. I don't always have access to
      an internet connection since I am on holidays.
      With metta,
      Florent

      1. Puttaa dhamma.m ugga.nhanti.
      sons / doctrine / learn
      The sons learn the doctrine.

      2. Siiho miga.m maareti.
      lion / deer / kill
      The lion kills the deer.

      3. Vaa.nijassa putto go.ne vikki.naati.
      [of] merchant / son / oxen / sells
      The merchant's son sells the oxen.

      4. Maya.m vaa.nijamhaa mañce ki.naama.
      we / [from] merchant / beds / buy
      We buy the beds from the merchant.

      5. Lekhako mittena magge gacchati.
      clerk / [with] friend / [on] path / goes
      The clerk goes on the path with a friend.

      6. Daasaa mittaana.m sunakhe haranti.
      slaves / [to] friends / dogs / carry
      The slaves carry the dogs to the friends.

      7. Kassako go.ne ki.naati.
      farmer / oxen / buy
      The farmer buys oxen.

      8. Kaakaa aakaase u.d.denti.