SV: [Pali] Re: where do you put the accent?

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2005
      --- oselok <nibbanka@...> skrev:

      > Well, length and stress are different things.

      It is, but not all reciters care about that. At least
      in my country, even professors of Latin use to say, in
      poetry, GUTta caVAT lapiDEM instead ov GUTta CAvat
      LApidem, thus missing the counterpoint between the
      two.

      And I have the impression that most reciters of Pali
      do the same thing.

      Gunnar

      gunnargallmo@...