Pali - Every few days - [C268]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 6:45 PM
      Pali - Every few days - [C268]
      Warder - Exercise 21 (page 176)
      Passages for Reading 2 (Part 28 of 41)

      rattin-divesu pa~n~naayamaanesu, maas-addha-maasaa
      pa~n~naayi.msu.
      with night-days / with appearing / months-half-months
      / they appeared
      with the appearance of night and day, months and
      fortnights appeared;

      maas-addha-maasesu pa~n~naayamaanesu,
      utu-sa.mvaccharaa pa~n~naayi.msu.
      with months-half-months / with appearing /
      seasons-years / they appeared
      with the appearance of months and fortnights, seasons
      and years appeared;

      te maya.m rasa-pa.thavi.m paribhu~njantaa tam-bhakkhaa
      tad-aahaaraa cira.m diigham addhaana.m a.t.thamhaa,
      these / we / essence-earth / eating / this-feeding /
      that-food / for a long time / long / period / we
      stayed
      and we remained eating this earth-essence and feeding
      on it as our food for a very long time,

      tesa.m no paapakaana.m ~neva akusalaana.m dhammaana.m
      paatubhaavaa rasa-pa.thavii antaradhaayi.
      to them / to us / of evil / also / of unwholesome / of
      things / appearance / essence-earth / disappearance
      and on account of the evil, unwholesome things among
      us, the earth-essence disappeared.

      Metta, John