Files upload: Top 1000 and Sound Files?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      svaagata.m!

      Today I emailed the software, sound files, top 1000 word form lists, etc to
      everyone who requested them. If I forgot something (or someone) please email
      me and I will send the files.

      Since this group has 20Mb. of disk space available in the Files section and
      only 6 Mb. are being used: I think it would be useful to upload:
      a) the Top 1000 word forms
      b) the sound files.

      The Top 1000 word forms (form and count only) is tiny (12 Kb.), popular,
      useful, simple and I think it is a good "general resource" for all Pali
      students and teachers.

      The sound files zipped are 2 Mb. total. Insided the zipped file are 600
      little mp3 sound files. Each one of these little sound files represents a
      Pali word in the vocabulary of Ven. Narada's "An Elementary Pali Grammar".
      The files themselves were recorded by Venerable Mettavihari in Sri Lanka
      (MettaNet in Sri Lanka) and the words are spoken by a competent Pali
      speaker. The recordings are also very clear and very well done. The name of
      each sound file is the Pali word spoken in the sound file. I think that this
      would also be a good "general resource" for all Pali students and teachers.

      From my side, it is very time-consuming to send the sound files by email. I
      don't have a fast Internet connection.

      Finally, if the Files section of the group ever gets full it is very easy to
      delete the files as appropriate.

      However, to upload the files to the group you need to have a Yahoo email
      address *and* be a member of the group. I don't have a Yahoo email address
      and I don't really want one.

      Would someone like to upload these two files to the group? If you don't
      already have the files, I can email them to you.

      Please post to this list if you upload one or both of these files to the
      group.

      thanks and peace from

      Andy

    • Bill Strider
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        --- Andy <721910352@...> wrote:

        > Would someone like to upload these two files to the
        > group?

        Yes, I will do that. Since I have a slow connection, I'll
        wait and do it overnight, either tonight or tomorrow.

        Metta,

        Bill

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • John Kelly
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2002
          Hello Andy,
          I'm really glad to see you're still involved in Pali
          study and continuing to direct your considerable
          talents in developing software to aid in it, and that
          you are now active on this list.

          Please send me the files and I will post them in our
          files section. I've been a keen user of your software
          for some time, and have already developed a complete
          Input Easy file for the Pali Primer (and am working on
          one for the Gair Pali Reader). A long time ago I sent
          you an email about a bug I had found in it, but got no
          response. I'll dig that out and resend it to you -
          who knows maybe it's been fixed in the latest version.

          I've been a little less active on this list lately
          than I would like, due to pressures of too many other
          things going on. There are many recent emails I would
          like to respond to, and intend to do so soon when I
          get a chance.

          More later.
          All the best,
          John

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2002
            Well - I have a fast connection here, so if someone
            would send me the files ....

            http://health.yahoo.com