Pluto, antarabhava, nagasena

  • rett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2 11:32 PM
      > How do you suggest this
      >happens when his death occurs so far from any suitable human mother and
      >father for his next life, given that there is no gap between Z and A ? What
      >does Moggalitissaputta have to say about the delicate synchronization
      >involved here ?

      I don't know what Moggalitissaputta says, but iirc Nagasena responds
      to a similar question in the Milindapanha, though the distance
      involved is that between two cities remote to each other. The
      question was how a person dying in the one city could be reborn
      instantly in another city very far away. The response went as
      follows: think of that (distant) city. Okay. How long did it take for
      you to turn your mind to that distant city? No time at all. The
      rebirth travels as quickly as thought.

      I expect this argument could be applied to human beings near Pluto,
      or anywhere. The objection of great distance has been anticipated
      and answered. Of course it depends on the rather unmodern idea that
      when we think of a location, the mind has actually gone there.

      best regards,

      /Rett