Pali - Every few days - [C260]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      Pali - Every few days - [C260]
      Warder - Exercise 21 (page 176)
      Passages for Reading 2 (Part 20 of 41)

      atha kho Vaase.t.thaa a~n~natarassa sattassa
      alasa-jaatikassa etad ahosi:
      then / indeed / Vasettha (and Bharadvaja) / to a
      certain / being / of lazy-nature / this / it was
      Then, Vasettha and Bharadvaja, it occurred to a
      certain lazy-natured being,

      ambho, kim ev-aaha.m viha~n~naami saali.m aaharanto
      saaya.m saayam-aasaaya paato paata-raasaaya.
      sir / why / just-I / I am troubled / rice / bringing /
      evening / evening-meal / morning / morning-meal
      “Hey, why do I bother myself bringing rice in the
      evening for the evening meal, and in the morning for
      the morning meal?

      yan nuu-n-aaha.m saali.m aahareyya.m sakid eva
      saaya-paatar-aasaayaa ti.
      what / is it-not-I / rice / I would bring / once /
      just / evening-morning-meal / (end-quote)
      What if I just gather rice once for both the evening
      and morning meals?”

      Metta, John